September 29, 2014

~Facade by Ker Dukey & D.H. Sidebottom~

CoverFacade 
Cover Book Info

Title: Facade

Authors: Ker Dukey & D.H. Sidebottom

Genre: Dark Erotic Thriller

Cover Design: Ker Dukey

55666-add-to-goodreads-button

Book JacketKer's 
Facade Cover Synopsis WARNING! This book is Dark erotica. This book contains situations that some may find offensive. If you are sensitive to graphic violence read with caution. This book also leads into a second book. You will get answers but the story will continue into a final instalment. You have been warned. Enjoy.

You meet someone. You date. You fall in love. You marry. The four simple rules of love…. Wrong! I’m getting married but I’d never met him before now, never dated him, never fell in love. I have no access to the memories of the most magical time of anyone’s life. My mind won’t allow me to evoke the past, I can’t remember those simple stages to lead me to the fourth .

I can’t comprehend why I would have ever wanted to marry someone like Dante. I should never have passed the first stage, although, I may have seen him through the eyes of the woman I once was, this me that lives, breathes here now, can’t understand how we made it to the next stage. I’m not sure, without memories, how I know that this voice inside me, telling me I would never have chosen him, speaks some truth, I just know. He’s controlling, arrogant, callous and violent, and utterly hell bent on humiliating and degrading me – Like watching me falter, watching me struggle to comply and be the woman he asked to marry, powers him- as though he wants to break me piece by piece. Fiber by fiber. Until all that’s here is the shell he created from a soul that I once owned.

Now my memories are slowly returning. And they show me a completely different side to meeting him. Our dates, falling in love. The Dante haunting me in the shadows of my mind is loving, gentle and utterly enamored with me, nothing like the man with me now. And this is what taunts me. My tender lover turned into a debauched, cruel sadist who is determined to consume my life, destroy my mind and murder my spirit.

I am, Star, and just like with some stars in the sky, the light you see is an echo, a façade, I am already gone I am a no one. Especially to him. To him I am the dark in his desires, the corrupt in his depravity. The sin in his immorality

Pre-Order Links

AmazonUS | AmazonUK

My Review

-Di's Review-

5 Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars!!

GENIUS! 

First off, I just recently found Sidebottom and Dukey. I read Decimation of Mae aka Decimation of Di and forged an unhealthy attachment to Sidebottom, like I couldn't believe the impact of one book. THEN I read Empathy, for the love of DARK, she knocked out of the park with that one, there's another unhealthy attachment. Going into Facade, I foolishly thought, "Oh, this can't be as good as their other work, no, a lot of authors write books together, and it usually doesn't work for me." Wrong! Just Wrong of my thoughts! PERFECT COMPLEMENT, if that's even the right thing to say. They both are amazing by themselves, but HOLY SHIT BALLS BATMAN, together they have the ability to destroy you for all other books.

This is me after reading Facade-

WHAT DO I DO NOW? *I blink, I blink again, I stare at the wall, I blink again* What just happened? Well, Di, you just got owned! 

Ker Dukey and D.H. Sidebottom came together and DELIVERED! What they delivered can not be summed up with words, I could never do this story justice. DARK, COMPLETELY MIND NUMBING BRILLIANCE could be said. They share a unquestionable amount of talent, especially for fans of dark romance. They hold the title right now. How do you pick up another book after experiencing their writing? I haven't got a clue where one started writing and the other stopped. I wondered if these two were the same person. Let's forge these two, Sukey. That's what I will call them Sidebottom plus Dukey --> Sukey! 

The Story-

What do you do when waking up in a cell without any memories? Well here's the problem, the memories you do have are of a loving relationship with your soul mate. What if that soul mate was your captor? What if every memory you have was just a Facade? What's real? Are you confused yet? Well, I'm sorry but you have to read the book to find out. I can't spoil the greatness! The prologue opens up your mind to SOME possibilities, but what it really did was fuck your mind, that's what you will be continuously thinking about through the entire book. But the whole time questioning yourself. This can't be right, something is not right here. Nothing is as it seems. PERFECT TITLE- FACADE! 

I shit you not, I was on the edge of my seat for this entire book. 

BUCKLE UP AND ENJOY THE RIDE! 

 A TWISTED TALE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

-Julie's Review-

5 Brilliantly written STARS!!!

I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book. I needed it like I needed my next breath.
Knowing these two authors were teaming up to write it I knew Facade would be great.
I was right. It was better than great.

From the beginning pages until the very last page I was in awe. I was turning the wheels in my brain so hard that I though for sure my head was going to tumble to the ground.

Everything I thought was going to happen never did. It went in a completely different direction, maybe even a whole new undiscovered direction.

I am still scratching my head. I am still so intrigued by this story that I feel like I need to seek counseling.


I am ready to hard core stalk now for the next book.

“Don't grumble, we warned you” 


                       -Amy's Review-

This book owned me from beginning to end. I knew this was going to be a good read for me because DH Sidebottom and Ker Dukey are just amazing writers. I've come to the conclusion that anything they write, I will read. 

I was so excited to get my hands on this book! I didn't even read what it was about, I just dived in knowing that DH and ker would not let me down. 
Dante had us all tricked.  I couldn't figure out why he was doing these things to Star,  the woman he loved.  When everything came to face at the end, I was blown away. I literally sat there just shaking my head. Ker and DH, you two are just amazing.  I will forever be a fan of your writing!



DARCY'S REVIEW
JUST WOW!!!!  5 KILLER STARS!

Could hardly contain myself waiting to get my hands on Facade!!  It has tortured me for months after reading the sample at the end of Decimation of Mae.  Finally I got it and the agonizing wait was SO FRIGGIN WORTH IT!!!  D.H. Sidebottom and Ker Dukey are a dynamic duo and a force to be reckoned with!  Holy shit did this book ever grab me by the virtual balls and keep them in a tight grip to the very last word.... Such a twisted, brutal, "what the f**k" book with a creative plot that I could NOT figure out!  I LOVED it!  Not one chapter lacked excitement and chaos!  Not gonna lie, the jaw dropping end had me wanting to stomp on my kindle until it shattered into pieces...IT HAS A MOTHER OF A CLIFFY!!!! AHHHH...WHY GOD...WHY!?!?  Oh that's right...because D.H. and Ker are SADISTS!!!  Ah well, good thing I liked to be tortured.  *GAWD* If you can handle and crave violence, rape, captivity, and disturbing context, Facade is your book and should be one-clicked immediately!  HURRY UP LADIES!!  I need the next installment yesterday!


Meet & Connect Ker DukeyKer Dukey I have always had a passion for storytelling, whether it be through lyrics or bed time stories with my sisters. I wanted to be an actress growing up so I could live many roles but I learned early on that my mind was too active... I would want to change the script.I would watch films and think of ways they could of improved the story if they took another direction so i thought it best that i tell my own.

My mum would always have a book in her hand when I was young and passed on her love for reading, inspiring me to venture into writing my own. I tend to have a darker edge to my writing. Not all love stories are made from light, some are created in darkness but are just as powerful and worth telling.

When I'm not lost in the world of characters I love spending time with my family. I'm a mum and that comes first in my life but when I do get down time I love attending music concerts or reading events with my younger sister.

You can find me on Facebook where i love interacting with my readers.

::::connect with ker dukey here::::

Facebook | Twitter | Website | Amazon | Goodreads

TeasersFacade 
TeaserMeet & Connect D.H. SidebottomDawn 
Stancil Author of The Heart of Stone, Room 103 and Shadows of Sin series, and the new Blue Butterfly series.

D H Sidebottom is a fulltime mum/author. She lives in Derbyshire, England with her children and two dogs. She is an avid reader and her tastes range from horror to erotic, but she loves to help new authors get into the ‘scene’. She loves rock music and tattooed guys, and has a weakness for coffee, wine and Belgium buns

::::connect with d.h. sidebottom here::::

Facebook | Twitter | Website | Amazon | Goodreads

Hosted ByCLP_BANNER_PIC

No comments:

Post a Comment